City Dance Parties: Hen Party Dance in 2018 so Far.
As we slowly head into spring (much slower than usual after The Beast From The East last week!), and hen party season begins to get into full swing, now seems like a good time for a bit of reflection, and to look back on 2018 so far.
Last month City Dance Parties celebrated our first birthday! It’s hard to believe it’s only been 1 year since our first hen party dance class, which I taught up in Newcastle myself, and it’s been so wonderful to see my little dance company grow and go from strength to strength over the past 12 months. We’ve since had hundreds of brides from all across the country coming through our doors, and the past couple of months have been busier than EVER!
Like any company, we’ve had our challenges along the way, and The Beast From The East/Snowmaggedon that hit the UK on our busiest weekend to date last week definitely gave us a challenge!! I’m thrilled to say we managed to make it through the weekend without cancelling a single booking because of the adverse weather. Nope. Not one. The City Dance Teachers were nothing short of amazing; from jumping in to cover classes last minute with less than 12 hours notice when teachers were snowed in, to opening up studios themselves when studio owners couldn’t make it, to leaving hours early for classes on Saturday morning to ensure they could make it through the snow to be there….they really went above and beyond and I couldn’t be more grateful.
As we’ve got busier and busier with new dance class bookings, we’ve expanded our team of teachers this year, and it’s been so lovely to have some new staff boogieing on down with us in 2018 – we’re so excited to keep expanding the team, and to boogie across the country!
Before I get back to party planning, I just wanted to share a few favourite moments of the year so far! I love a little list so check out…
Jenny’s Top 5 Moment’s of 2018 so far.
5. Steve’s Charleston Class – Steve had always wanted to learn Charleston, so for his Birthday this year, his friends all clubbed in and bought him the gift of a private Roaring 20’s Dance Class! Taught by the lovely Susie in Manchester, it looks like these guys had a fab time.
4. Jane’s Beyonce Megamix Class – A personal favourite of mine, and a class I taught myself. Jane and her hens showed up to Pineapple Dance Studios at 9am on a Saturday for a Beyonce Megamix class, and these guys ABSOLUTELY SMASHED a Beyonce Megamix Routine. Like Absolutely smashed it. At 9am on a Saturday.
3. Ooh La La – Cloe’s Dance Party – Another Beyonce Class (Beyonce has been HOT in 2018! Although I mean, when is Beyonce not hot?), but these ladies travelled all the way from Paris to boogie on down with us in Covent Garden. C’etait Super!
2. Snowmaggedon – Now I’ve mentioned this already, but I was so overwhelmed by teachers’ efforts that I thought it deserved another mention. Special shout out to Katie in Liverpool, who jumped in as we managed to rearrange a Newcastle Beyonce Dance class down to Liverpool with less than 24 hours notice, as the group were unable to make it to the North East because of the snow, also to Katy in Bristol, Grace in Bath and Jane in Brighton, who all went above and beyond with their bookings that day.
- Happy Hens! It’s so lovely to hear from happy groups, and the feedback we’ve had in 2018 so far has been really lovely. We’ve now surpassed the 70 mark with 5 star reviews on Facebook, and are staying strong with a 5 star rating on TrustPilot and Google Reviews! The main goal with City Dance is to provide some unforgettable experiences and memories, and it’s so rewarding to get feedback like this.
Here’s to the rest of 2018!! xxxx Jenny